Forum:Non máis Wikia
- This is no voting for anything. It's just a petition to have Uncyclomedia projects liberated from Wikia for ever. Read the text from my letter carefully and say if you agree or not. No one is compulsory to agree, but the more people who agree, the merrier it is to convince Wikia Inc.
I hope many of you will support this. This is very important if we don't want to have Wikia involved in our projects ever again. Thank you | CartoonistHenning 12:58, 24 June 2010 (UTC)
- 1 Mensage from UnMeta
- 2 Do you agree with the text?
- 3 Conversa
- 4 Kohl & Desciclopedia
- 5 Wikia archives
- 6 Interlinks in Uncyclopedia
- 7 Absurdopedia
Mensage from UnMeta
Dear Wikia Staff,
Since 2006 Uncyclomedia.org has assisted the Uncyclopedia-concept in multilingual coordination, it has served as a central wiki to request adoptions and creations of new languages. Sadly, Uncyclopedia moved to Wikia, but Wikia abused (and still does) the concept by giving people the opportunity to create new languages and by commercialising the concept. That was no part of the deal. The umbrella organisation is Uncyclomedia (often abbreviated as UnMeta), Wikia stole Uncyclomedia’s role for its commercial purposes. Also, Wikia just took over Uncyclopedia’s domain name .org. As Wikia is commercial, the company has no right to use such domains. Unfortunately, indeed, many wikis moved to Wikia and new languages were created on it. Many people got very angry about this injustice against Uncyclomedia and some Uncyclomedia users started up Complaintwiki.org, where they posted their complaints about Wikia. I refer to the license Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic, that the work may not be used for commercial purposes. The ‘work’ also includes de concept itself, so Wikia is not even allowed to create new languages.
I, CartoonistHenning, have had very bad experiences with Wikia.com, according to the fact that I made a lot of efforts to let close some copied Uncyclopedias/Illogicopedias in other languages. The Uncyclopedia-concept is meant to be a Wikipedia parody, which also includes the freedom of ads (non-commercial), the freedom of users (bureaucrats cannot do on their wiki what they want to do) and the default skin (no Monaco). On page two of this letter I explain why Wikia Inc. never deserved the acquisition of the Uncyclopedia-concept.
Therefor we postulate that the abandoned Uncyclopedias in other languages on Wikia will be removed and that Wikia will no more accept new Uncyclopedias in other languages. Wikia should no more be involved with the Uncyclopedia-concept in other languages, except the wikis that asked for a move and that are active on Wikia. The same goes for another non-commercialised project, like the Illogicopedia-group, which will not be afflicted by Wikia anymore, despite the rude copy which is today called Wackypedia. To make sure that this requirement is confirmed by Uncyclomedia users - who share the same opinion -, people can read this document too and tell in a forum if they agree, like a petition.
Henning VD, CartoonistHenning
-- page 2 --
Reasons and arguments why Wikia does not care about a project concept, but only (ab)uses projects to make money out of them and the people.
§1. The agreement concerning the hosting is unilaterally enforced:
Once people want to make a new language of the Uncyclopedia-concept, for instance, (ignorant of the truth about the fact that Uncyclomedia is the real hosting) they make a domain for free on Wikia, but they do not realise that A: they commercialise the name of (the) Uncyclopedia(-concept); B: if they do not want to have the Uncyclopedia-version on Wikia anymore, they are planning to move, or they start realising Wikia commercialises the concept in a unfair way, it is too late to start over again. Wikia let projects never go and (ab)uses the Wikia wiki as a direct competition, kept by Wikia users who requested the adoption for the wiki. The content of the abandoned wiki will remain, so Wikia does not give people the freedom in what they do. Users should read a kind of manual before creating a wiki on Wikia. But no, the green inviting button above each wiki “create a new wiki” leads you directly to the creation scheme, without any warnings. C: they even have never heard about the Uncyclomedia Foundation, because Wikia is so predominant in Google, that they didn’t find any information about the real organisation. This is actually all about selling your soul to the devil: once in Wikia, never out.
§2. Wikia is playing a game with people when they talk about the ‘community’:
“Our community wants you; we are happy to see you joining our community...” and nonsense. This horse manure is a typical trick to attract people to Wikia. The company claims that you and your early community will be safe with your Uncyclopedia-version and you and your community can decide everything on your project. In fact, Wikia means with ‘community’ something totally different than you expected: the community is the team of janitors and staff members who control you, your wiki and your community to lead everything like ‘they’ want to. A clear example is the complaint according to a fight between User:D. G. Neree and User:Manticore about home rules on the creator’s wiki, a complaint which can be found on Complaintwiki.org. Janitors and staff members just come over to your wiki and do inappropriate edits. Administrators are chosen in the understanding that they know the wiki’s general policy very well, but these janitors and staff members do not seem to worry about that wiki’s policy. They have their own rules, haven’t they? It appears that Wikia has a goal to become the largest communistic society on planet Earth, as they claim to love a big and grand community of hard working people, but actually gain money on these volunteers, who eventually have nothing as compensation (except irritating ads, no freedom in ruling their wiki like they want, etc...). Maybe you can interpret ‘community’ in two different ways, as following: - a large group of volunteers that is oppressed by the company, to make as much money out of them as Wikia can. You will join this ‘community’ and be a small part of the commercial company yourself, without receiving any compensation for it. That is why Wikia wants you. - Wikia itself, which includes the staff, the janitors and everyone who gets paid for the volunteer’s work. The ‘community’ decides? Certainly not: the staff members and janitors do!
§3. Wikia has no respect for the Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic license:
I will not explain it over and over again. The license does not allow to use/copy non-profit organisations for commercial purposes. Wikia Inc. is commercial. Obviously, Wikia is a very crafty business.
Do you agree with the text?
If you have signed this petition before on Ikkepedia, Desciclopedia, Oncyclopedia or Illogicopedia, please don't sign it here. Each user on this project can sign here. The petition will close July, 8.
- Yes, Rhubella Marie, a ratiña monicreque 98.240 preppiedits 21:23, 24 de xuño de 2010 (UTC)
- Si, acepto. Saúdos a vostedes, nunca máis tiña benvida aquí UltraJohnny 19:38, 6 de xullo de 2010 (UTC)
I confess that I was also deceived about it. I will take and tell the story of the founding of Desgalipedia. Exactly, on August 11 last year when Renard was finally banished from Inciclopedia and after insults to users in the chat Uncyclopedia. I had the idea to create a website in Galician. Why? Well had books of poems in Galician and has visited the Galician wikipedia concludes that an Uncyclopedia that language would not only be the resolution of frustration as a new way forward ...
So why the Desgalipedia was first created on Wikia? Simple, at 11 pm, hours of Brasilia. I was still in Spademanns Leksikon, our Danish's sister and was the link to create a wiki that I entered. This explains why I, Rhubella Marie and not Renard was appointed bureaucrat Desgalipedia. Changing the Desgalipedia for Uncyclomedia was due to pure neglect of Wikia doing interlinks with other Uncyclopedia. I repeated the request during the months of September and October but got no response. Instead, the bureaucrats of the Chinese Uncyclopedia managed to interlink with Desgalipedia. That is, the Galician uncy had no connection with anyone but did interlink with zh:
I/Renard talked the matter to Kohl and he insisted he made the request in UnMeta. I kept logs of two conversations which attests to the situation of verassidade Desgalipedia. Thanks to God and the Carlb Desgalipedia was moved to Uncyclomedia. Thank situation today.
The Desgalipedia have no appreciation for a place oonde was not heard countless times. Well, because it was essential the interlinks with other uncys? Just to prevent another site Galician language do the same. But the neglect that I suffered with the administration of Wikia no other answer but let me also join the movement.
Logs MarceloRenard2 e Kohl o 4 e 11 de outubro de 2009
Log de 4 de outubro de 2009
- [21:47:19] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [21:47:19] Ola Kohl, preciso falar de algo
- [21:47:28] Rodrigo diz:
- [21:47:28] oi
- [21:47:45] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [21:47:45] Encontrei uma página no Media Wiki interessante
- [21:48:32] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [21:48:32] Esta aqui: http://meta.uncyclomedia.org/index.php?title=Requests_for_new_languages&action=purge
- [21:48:54] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [21:48:54] Requerimento pra novos idiomas creio
- [21:49:01] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [21:49:01] No UnMeta
- [21:50:12] Rodrigo diz:
- [21:50:12] ah sim
- [21:50:18] Rodrigo diz:
- [21:50:18] fazendo o pedido alí, o carlb pode atender
- [21:50:30] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [21:50:30] Apesar de reparar uma edição sua e outra do UJ, além de algumas do Carlb
- [21:50:49] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [21:50:49] Sim reparei... então é aqui?
- [21:51:08] Rodrigo diz:
- [21:51:08] é
- [21:51:16] Rodrigo diz:
- [21:51:16] mas o que vc vai fazer com a wikia?
- [21:51:47] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [21:51:47] Não tem como transferir de uma wikifarm pra outra?
- [21:52:05] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [21:52:05] Ou seja, será necessário recriar tudo de novo?
- [21:52:20] Rodrigo diz:
- [21:52:20] a wikia costuma nao deixar
- [21:52:45] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [21:52:45] Então q seja... terei q abandonar a wikia
- [21:53:07] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [21:53:07] Será um processo lento já q ela tem 34 artigos
- [21:53:39] Rodrigo diz:
- [21:53:39] tenta conversar com a wikia e falar que vc vai fechar a wiki
- [21:54:02] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [21:54:02] Sendo apenas 10 artigos de fato, a inumera´s páginas de projeto como a Desgalizionario, Desgalinews embaralhadas nela
- [21:59:26] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [21:59:26] Tentei uma vez pedir ajuda pro q eu queria fazer + até agora nada. E se eles ñ atenderem e esta wiki ficar abandonada?
- [21:59:53] Rodrigo diz:
- [21:59:53] bem, abandona-se
- [21:59:56] Rodrigo diz:
- [21:59:56] vc é burocrata
- [21:59:58] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [21:59:58] Já me inscrivi na UN meta como: Rhubella Marie
- [21:59:58] Rodrigo diz:
- [21:59:58] apague tudo
- [22:00:04] Rodrigo diz:
- [22:00:04] e bana qualquer um que aparecer
- [22:00:18] Rodrigo diz:
- [22:00:18] mas só depois do carl te dar um wiki no server dele
- [22:00:31] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [22:00:31] Sim, sim
Log de 11 de outubro de 2009
- [05:46:07] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [05:46:07] Mudando de assunto fiz naquele dia o requerimento na UnMeta
- [05:46:52] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [05:46:52] Mas notei q o Carlb fez interlinks das userpages da Rhubella nas DP q ela tem conta
- [05:47:25] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [05:47:25] Ligando as userpages da DPs do Carlb com a Desgalipedia da wikia
- [05:47:39] Rodrigo diz:
- [05:47:39] =o
- [05:47:51] Rodrigo diz:
- [05:47:51] então ele reconheceu a da wikia como sendo a legitima
- [05:47:57] Rodrigo diz:
- [05:47:57] ele acha que vc quer ficar na wikia
- [05:48:01] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [05:48:01] Isso foi no dia 25
- [05:48:28] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [05:48:28] estava doente nesse dia, só notei as edições no domingo passado
- [05:48:58] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [05:48:58] Só q ñ tem como fazer o inverso, ligar a Desgalipedia às outras DP
- [05:49:10] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [05:49:10] Mesmo com as outras da wikia
- [05:50:17] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [05:50:17] Talvéz, ele a tenha reconhecido como legitima pelo fato de não existir outra DP em galego pra rivalizar
- [05:50:28] Rodrigo diz:
- [05:50:28] fala com o carl então
- [05:50:57] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [05:50:57] Se for permanecer na wikia então devo pedir o q?
- [05:51:25] Rodrigo diz:
- [05:51:25] aí vc tem que pedir ajuda pra wikia
- [05:51:28] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [05:51:28] Importar o médiawiki q permite os interlinks
- [05:51:44] * Rodrigo está agora Ocupado
- [05:51:51] MarceloRenard2 diz:
- [05:51:51] na Desgalipedia?
Wikia staff member Sansse recently accepted the wiki creation of Oncyclopedia on Wikia, which is done by an ignorant user who wanted to make "a scatchwiki" for Oncyclopedia. He didn't "know" the sandbox existed. No one ever disputed about this action and the user didn't speak about it with the admins. Now Oncyclopedia users got what they feared for: to be copied on Wikia.
Un membro da staff da Wikia: Sansse recentemente aceptou a creación wiki Oncyclopedia na Wikia, que está feito por un usuario ignorante que quería facer "un scatchwiki" para Oncyclopedia. Non "sabe" o sandbox existiu. Ninguén contestou sobre esta acción e que o usuario non falar sobre iso cos Admins. Agora os usuarios Oncyclopedia teño o que temer a: a ser copiado no Wikia. Rhubella Marie, a ratiña monicreque 98.240 preppiedits 23:20, 24 de xuño de 2010 (UTC)
Wikia?!? Lesbian party
A wikia é así...
... as verdadeiras intencións da wikia.
... e desexa que cumpra todo o que a wikia mandar
Non podemos deixar as nosas pequenas uncyclopedias...
Kohl & Desciclopedia
Rhubella Marie, could you please explain our point of view to the people at desciclopedia? The matter between Kohl and the others, was an internal desciclopedia business. Things got confused because of Slade and we thought that Slade was in a conspiracy to seize power on unmeta and desciclopedia. We on Oncyclopedia never had bad experiences with Kohl and the only side of the story we knew was his side. How could we know what was going on on Desciclopedia? All we knew was, that there was an attack on UnMeta and Desci at the same time. Maybe you could explain to desciclopedians that those matters have nothing to do with wikia, and that we respect the vote of the community. If Kohl abused his power, then it is so. We don't speak Portuguese, so we couldn't judge the siyuation. D. G. Neree 22:37, 25 June 2010 (UTC)
- I wish I could explain the situation to them but there are users who are just raising objections to our appeal.
kilingon and simple Uncyclopedia warned and am trying to contact the ambassador sysop and newly appointed ambassador of the Desgalipedia Unciklopedia Rhubella Marie, a ratiña monicreque 98.240 preppiedits 26 jun 2010 00:47 (UTC)
Campaña de Desgalipedia contra Wikia
- ashusahaushausha Eu amei esta imaxe! UltraJohnny 19:39, 6 de xullo de 2010 (UTC)
- Good evening, my name is Rhubella Marie and I'm Desgalipedia's bureaucrat. Recently, this wiki, a sister project of Uncyclopedia was accepted by UnMeta making it possible to link the Uncyclopedia interlinks the responsibility of Carlb. However, it is possible to Desgalipedia interlinks with these Uncys or with Uncys following the server of Wikia, as Inciclopedia, Nonciclopedia or Spademanns Leksikon. I wish that this problem was resolved. Rhubella Marie, October 13, 2009 in Wikia Rhubella Marie, a ratiña monicreque 98.240 preppiedits 15:45, 15 de xullo de 2010 (UTC)
We seem to be lacking a interwiki for Desgalipedia (the Galego Uncyc with 86 articles). They have a functioning interwiki for us, but we aren't returning the favour. In fact, there are several foreign wikis we aren't linking to, but that's probably just going to have to be dealt with at another time.
tl;dr version: Mind adding Desgalipedia's interwiki link to the database? It should be [[gl:]]. Thanks Sannse. Also, you found my socks when you checkusered me, right? Mind telling me who they were. I'm lost without them. text in Sannse's user talk
- Non obstante: isto aquí Rhubella Marie, a ratiña monicreque 98.240 preppiedits 20:51, 25 de setembro de 2010 (UTC)
- i want to inform you about the move of Russian Absurdopedia
- they moved from Wikia to .net (independent)
- Just once I edited this site. They asked for change or is a mirror version?
- no, they became independent. There is no mirror
- Understood. So what reason the output of them?
- they have been become very disappointed of Wikia and its service
- This may also influence the paudurapedia the uncy in Belarus
- and now Wikia has changed their skin again, so many wikis are moving or have moved
- Yes, i knew this
- Nonciclopedia is disappointed too
- they are, yes.